Sounds of the Trail is looking for volunteer trail correspondents for the 2017 thru-hiking season. We are looking for hikers planning on thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, or the Continental Divide Trail.
Our mission here at Sounds of the Trail can be summed up as:
– Telling honest trail stories that celebrate HikingYOH.
– Bringing love of thru-hiking and the outdoors to a bigger audience.
– Helping build and support the thru hiking community.
– Being entertaining.
If this sounds like you, apply to be a correspondent!
Deadline: March 31, 2017
How to Apply
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with Your Name Correspondent Application as the subject:
– A short personal statement – who you are, what trail you are planning to hike, and why you are interested
– Three interviews/personal recordings. These should be 5-15 minutes long, and should be recorded and sent with the same technology you will have access to on the trail. (All of our past correspondents have used their smartphones and wi-fi for this.)
The subject matter for the interviews is up to you – we just want to get to know you a little and hear your interviewing chops. Hiking/outdoor themes are always appreciated.
Who we’re looking for:
You! Our goal is to represent as many different kinds of experiences and hikers as possible. Fast, slow, on the cheap, big-budget, purists, dirtbags, adventurers, old, young, experienced, new, etc., etc. We are especially interested in people who aren’t usually represented in outdoor media. However, although we love section hikers (and day-hikers, over-nighters, runners, walkers and everyone who gets outside!) we are only looking for correspondents intending to complete a thru-hike in 2017.